Goals-To continue to work on skills that will improve our writing. To learn about symbolism and learn to identify symbols, as well as their significance in literature. To consider potential themes and symbols in Monsters are Due on Maple Street.
1) Review yesterday's lesson about vivid verbs and specific language
2) Practice revising sentences for more powerful verb choices. If you are absent, the worksheet will be on the back counter.
3) Symbolism-Notes and practice
4) Article on mob mentality-mark the text
5) Begin reading the teleplay. Focus on symbolism and theme as you read.
Here is a link to the play if you're absent
Monsters are Due on Maple Street