Goals: To assess student knowledge of creating a theme statement. To learn from common errors on last writing assignment.
1) Finish reading "The Bargain"
2) Discussion Questions in Groups
1) Generate topics related to "The Bargain"
Remember-topics are generally one word
Each Table Create a Theme Statement
TEMPLATE FOR THEME STATEMENT
Period 1 Theme Statements
Period 3 Theme Statements
Period 2 Theme Statements
2) Dos and Don't of Formal Writing (Take Notes) You will then look over your rubric score and comments on your most reading assignment
3) Read "Thank You, Ma'am"
4) Theme/Storyboard That (Introduction)