Friday, December 2, 2016
Monday, December 5th
Goals: To learn to introduce sources properly in our writing. To begin writing our informational essays.
1) Introducing sources (keep this handout forever)
2) Work on essays. Make sure to look at RUBRIC in turnitin.com BEFORE you press submit.
Your essay is due:
In your essay:
1) Look at examples again (in my blog posts). Your job is to inform AND entertain. Use your own words unless quoting.
2) Make sure to have a good hook!
3) Let your personality and voice shine through. Remember your audience! Use your best vocabulary.
4) Focus on how the item came about and evolved over time
5) End with a bang!
6) Proofread carefully
7) 1 1/2 to 2 pages
8) Pictures are great
9) Introduce sources using the handout I provided!
9) Works cited page